Denise Vogt Designs, was founded in 1996 in Arlington, Virginia. The business evolved from my desire to transfer my corporate communications management skills to a different creative field of landscape design. The focus on environmental issues in landscape design: eco-friendly waterwise gardens and living green rooftops — has long held my interest. Even before the more recent “green” movement “marketing” started. My previous rewarding careers were as a director of publications and then a communications manager.
My parents, Bob and Norrene, are my real inspiration. It seems they are always digging in the dirt, pruning, moving things around, checking out gardens and getting a lot of satisfaction from admiring the beauty in nature, hard work and getting dirty.
- The Washington Checkbook, referral, 2008
- Alexandria, Virginia Beautification Commission Award Winner, 2000
- The Washington Post, Garden Scene, by Joel Lerner, February 2000, “Beautiful Gardens Blossom,with a Good plan, Mental Image and Research.”
- Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia, class of 1998
- The George Washington University, landscape design classes
- The Special Garden newsletter, Master Gardeners of North Virginia
- The Reading Connection, Arlington, VA
- Garden at the Musee du Vieil Aix, Aix-en-Provence, France
- Bellevue Forest Garden Club, Arlington, VA
- ACE: Arlingtonians for a Cleaner Environment
I’ve been fortunate to share my knowledge and teach a variety of landscape and design seminars including The Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia, Smith & Hawken, McLean, Virginia and the Anglo-American Group of Provence in Aix-en-Provence, France.
The success and satisfaction gained from landscaped design projects, coupled with an interest in expanding my creative talents inspired my fossil jewelry: EarthJewelry™ and FossilWear™.
At various times, my jewelry and other accessories have been available in Nordstrom Giftware departments in the Washington metro area, carmen’s gallery in Solomons Island, MD, Smiths of Bermuda and The Artisans Gifts and Apparel in McLean, VA.
I am proud of the many satisfied clients and associates who have become friends. The majority of my work is from their gracious referrals.
Denise Vogt Designs, Interiors and Landscape, is a limited liability corporation, LLC.